Prenatal care providers have the opportunity to participate in a new group prenatal care model, CenteringPregnancy. The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) is hosting information sessions for interested providers.
CenteringPregnancy is an innovative model of group prenatal care in which 8 to 10 pregnant women meet regularly with a medical provider to discuss care practices, build social support, and receive prenatal health assessments. CenteringPregnancy has demonstrated a range of maternal and infant health benefits, including reductions in preterm birth rates.
Providers will have an opportunity to learn about:
- the CenteringPregnancy model;
- how the CenteringPregnancy model works in clinical settings;
- overcoming challenges to implementing the CenteringPregnancy model;
- experiences from group prenatal care patients; and
- opportunities for funding to support implementation of CenteringPregnancy in practices.
Registration is free and required in order to attend. Light refreshments will be served.
Please RSVP by clicking the link below for a session; and share this invitation to any colleagues who may also be interested in attending.
- Bronx, December 4, 2017, 5-7pm – Tremont Neighborhood Health Action Center, 1826 Arthur Ave, Room 134, Bronx, NY 10457
- Brooklyn, January 16, 2018, 5-7pm – Brownsville Neighborhood Health Action Center, 259 Bristol Street, Brooklyn, NY 11212
- Harlem, January 17, 2018, 5-7pm – East Harlem Neighborhood Health Action Center, 158 East 115th Street, New York, NY 10029
Please email Hannah Emple at email@example.com with any questions about these events.