Pediatric COVID-19 Vaccine Support Program Resources
The NYC Pediatric COVID-19 Vaccination Support Program is a NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene program offering up to $10,000 to independent provider practices to support their efforts to vaccinate children ages 11 and younger. COVID-19 vaccination of children ages 6 months to 11 in NYC lags far behind adult vaccination rates. The goal of the program is to increase coverage among this age group and ensure ready access to vaccination for children younger than age 5 now that a vaccine is authorized.
Many parents strongly prefer to have their children vaccinated at their child’s regular health care provider’s office. This program seeks to help overcome barriers to provider participation in the COVID-19 Vaccination Program so that more providers can meet this critical need.
Click the links below for resources on eligibility, how to participate, what participation includes, and more.
Practices must meet the following requirements:
- Operate within NYC
- Be an independent healthcare practice not owned or operated by a hospital or federally qualified health center
- Urgent care centers, pharmacies, and mass vaccination sites are not eligible for this program
- Have a nurse practitioner or a physician licensed to practice medicine in the State of New York
- Provide primary or specialty healthcare services, including immunizations, to children ages 11 and younger
- Be registered with the Citywide Immunization Registry (CIR) and have a CIR Facility Code
- Obtain a NYC Payee Information Portal (PIP) number
If you have questions about your practice’s eligibility email email@example.com.
How to participate
- Submit the online application that will take approximately 10 minutes to complete.
- Enter into a contract with the Fund for Public Health in New York City.
- Complete required program activities:
- Enroll in the NYC COVID-19 Vaccination Program, if not already enrolled
- Complete the online COVID-19 Vaccination Program survey, including a description of
your COVID-19 vaccination plan and plans for use of the funds
- By December 15, 2022, report at least 100 doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered to
children ages 11 years and younger in the Citywide Immunization Registry; practices are
expected to incorporate COVID-19 vaccination during regular patient visits, but doses
administered during vaccine-only sessions can also be counted
- Submit invoices to firstname.lastname@example.org for all activities completed.
Documents for Participation
- Certificate of Client Abuse or Neglect
- Download, complete, and send this document to email@example.com.
- Pediatric Vaccine Support Program Checklist