NY Medicaid EHR Incentive Program AttestationJanuary 7, 2019
Quality Payment ProgramJanuary 7, 2019
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services announced minor changes to reporting requirements and confirmed that eligible providers (EPs) must participate in Stage 3 and use 2015 Edition Certified EHR Technology (CEHRT).
Stage 3 Participation
- Starting in performance year (PY) 2019, EPs can no longer participate in Modified Stage 2.
- EPs must use 2015 Edition CEHRT in order to meet Stage 3 requirements.
- Objective 6: Coordination of Care through Patient Engagement
- Thresholds for measure 1 (view, download, and transmit information) and measure 2 (secure electronic messaging) will remain at 5% for PY 2019 and subsequent years.
- Thresholds will not increase to 10% and 25%.
Clinical Quality Measure (CQM) Requirements
- EPs will still need to report on 6 CQMs relevant to their scope of practice. However, at least oneof the 6 CQMs must be an outcome or high-priority measure.
- The reporting period will still be a full year. Exception: EPs attesting to MU for the first time can report on a 90 day period.