Use this page to find upcoming events and resources that may be helpful to your practice. Always reach out to your practice facilitator or firstname.lastname@example.org for further questions.
Use the resources below to learn more about New York State’s (NYS) Health Care Workers Bonus (HWB) Program. The HWB Program Portal will be updated regularly with information for employers.
New York State (NYS) will transition their current Medicaid pharmacy benefit to NY Medicaid Pharmacy Program (NYRx) beginning April 1, 2023. The new program will provide all Medicaid Managed Care with their prescriptions through NYRx allowing NYS to pay pharmacies directly. Review highlights and resources for the transition below and stay tuned for more updates.
- The transition will affect all Medicaid members. They will get access to a comprehensive list of products
- Download complete lists of reimbursable drugs
- Providers must be enrolled in Fee-For-Service to continue serving Medicaid Managed Care members whose pharmacy benefits are transitioning effective April 1, 2023
- NYS Department of Health will complete outreach and education about the NYRx preferred drug program and clinical criteria
- There will be a 90-day transition period between 4/1/23-6/30/23. During this time, members can get a one-time temporary fill of drugs that would normally require prior authorization under the NYRx Preferred Drug Program
- The Initial Special Edition Medicaid Update will be published in November and the second edition will be published in February.
- A Categorized FAQs can be accessed here
- Review slides from the August, September, and October Stakeholders Meetings
Empire BCBS, Fidelis Care, Healthfirst and MetroPlus Health offer integrated pest management with allergen reduction at no cost, through the Medicaid Together program, to members:
- 5-17 years old,
- On Medicaid or CHP,
- Who have been recently hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of asthma (within 6 weeks),
- Have pests at home,
- Have allergies to those pests.
To find out more, email HealthSystems@nyc.health.gov.
Use the resources below from NYC Health Department to inform patients, parents, and caregivers on asthma, treatment, triggers, and how to reduce indoor allergens.
- Asthma Bulletin – A resource for patients, parents, and caregivers with information about controlling asthma, triggers, medication, and what to do in case of emergency.
- Treating Asthma in School – A flyer for parents and caregivers with tips on how to utilize an asthma controller to help manage asthma at school.
- Childhood Asthma and Environmental Triggers – A fact sheet for patients, parents, and caregivers that outlines indoor and outdoor asthma triggers and how to pest proof a home against pests and other triggers.
- Asthma and Tenants Rights – A flyer explaining tenants rights, how to minimize asthma triggers in the home, and what steps to take if the property is not being managed to properly reduce asthma triggers.
- Health Provider Referral for Mold and Pest Enforcement – A referral form for providers to refer patients, parents, and caregivers to the Health Homes Program (HHP). HHP will inspect the home for mold, pests, and other environmental triggers and work with building management to ensure the issue is remedied.
Visit our COVID-19 page for updates ordering vaccines, billing and coding, Medicaid Vaccine Counseling Program updates, and more.
- This website includes updates to COVID-19-related mandates, vaccine information and guidance, outpatient therapy resources, facility-specific guidance, and more. Explore each tab to find relevant resources for your practice.
Visit the websites below for more upcoming and previously recorded events.
New York City has seen the highest number of mosquitoes infected with West Nile Virus this year. Some patients may be at high risk for contracting severe illness, including older adults and those with weakened immune systems.
Review the following NYC Health Department webpages for resources and the most up to date information.
The following resources can be used to educate patients on prevention and protection.
- Get Rid Of Standing Water Around Your Home Checklist
- Fight the Bite: Protect Yourself Against Mosquitoes Brochure
- Your Guide to Safe and Healthy Travel
- Comprehensive Mosquito Control Plan for 2022
- Mosquito Control — Environmental Review Technical Memorandum 2017
- Mosquito Control — Environmental Impact Statement 2001
The Reproductive Health Access Project (RHAP) is bringing back the monthly e-newsletter series, Insights. The newsletter offers primary care clinicians and other health care professionals evidence-based education on abortion and early pregnancy loss (miscarriage, EPL) care. Insights will share practice guidelines, clinical tools, and resources that reinforce and support evidence-based, person-centered abortion and EPL care and counseling, including post-abortion and self-managed abortion. RHAP recognizes that abortion counseling and care may not be possible in all states and settings around the country. The Insights newsletter may be a helpful resource for providers and the communities you care for. Insights will be published on the 4th Tuesday of every month. Sign up now to receive the next monthly edition.